Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Clunk!
You should all try hanging up on someone really annoying sometime! It just made my day :). It was a guy from this drug company that calls ALL the time! And they all say the name of their company and drug really fast and slurred, and request to speak to the Dr or MA or office manager... and none of them take calls like that! So they refuse to give me any info, saying that they're not authorized to give a lowly receptionist such an important message of how wonderful their product is. So I hung up... and sat there and laughed for about 3 seconds... till the phone rang again and it was him. He started off with, "hi Abby, I'm not sure how we got disconnected! I'm sorry about that..." I decided not to enlighten him :P.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Lol! You should've done it again! ;-)
That drug salesman is probably making more money than the doctor. Kinda makes you feel good hanging up on him, huh?
You know, if those drug companies didn't spend so much money paying salesmen and ads in papers, mags, and TV, they'd probably be able to charge half the price for them. Illegal drug pushers definitely are the amateurs in comparison. Docs complain about how people regularly come in and tell them what drugs they want (and often they get them!) Diagnosis and prescription by magazine ad.
(I hope you're planning to put some postings on of Mexico trip. How exciting!)
Did you see all the "pharmacies" in Mexico? It's all you see when you cross the Ca/Mexico border! They all stand out there in their white lab coats yelling at us to buy drugs. I personally thought it was insulting because I do not look sick. :P ;-)
Post a Comment