So how was everyone's weekend? Ours was busy but great (as usual!). Friday we helped out a little at the Spanish service's dinner that they had after their service. Also Carl came down for the weekend :). So Saturday the guys did some work outside- put up our new mailbox, redid the house number sign that was out front, and ran some errands for materials, of course. Men have a reputation for not liking to shop, but I tell you! It is just an excuse so they don't have to go with their wives. Ha ha. When Alex and Carl decide to go to Home Depot or Walmart really "quick" they're gone about 2 hours! That's just fine with me though- I must admit girls are MUCH better shopping partners than guys anyways! Maybe with one exception.... Andrew is actually a handy guy. He hurries me along just enough so I don't waste tons of time on something dumb, he gives honest opinions on clothing and has tolerable taste (my faith in him has been greatly shaken since he purchased a PINK shirt for himself!! *SHUDDER*), and can talk me into buying something that I need but don't feel like spending money on (i.e.: a flute!). Of course there are drawbacks even to shopping with Andrew. His legs are about 6 miles long and he likes to speedwalk. So I either had to force him to slow down, or trot along side him like an eager puppy. We reached a compromise though- I would speedwalk as fast as I could and he would slow down a little... whenever he remembered.
Anyways, where was I when I got off on shopping? Oh! So the guys did a little shopping :). That's ok, they came home with a little charcoal grill which they set up and took the bottom rack off so we could roast hot dogs and marshmallows over a fire for supper! That was FUN!!! And then Sunday we had lunch at the P's house and that was delicious and fun also!! :D Whew!!! And now its Monday again... much more relaxing, but not nearly as fun as a weekend!
And now for some pictures! I hardly took any this weekend, but I do have the pictures from Alisha, so it won't look so empty. Here's Titus with some of his new toys:


He can roll all over now! I don't think he quite understands his own mobility yet though.

And these pictures are from the Easter egg hunt at Mrs. Marilyn's house last weekend!

Alisha and me working hard!!

Family photo- I think we were too far apart and someone told us to look like we liked each other.

We're pretty good at pretending to like each other though :).

And here's our cute little grill- and proof that some guys DO read directions! ... Well, at least one of them does :).

Anyway, that's all for today! So I'm still waiting for some of you Michiganders to send me pictures or post some on your blogs (for those who have them). So you'd better get a move on!!! :D
3 comments:
You wanna go shopping? :) I was wondering what you were writing about me when you told me you were writing about me. This isn't too bad. I could have been much worse! And you'll be happy to know that since my knee and ankle problems started last summer, I don't walk as quickly through the stores.
I think that a guy that can pull off a pink shirt should be totally commended:)
I love the pictures:) they are so stinking cute!
Lots of pictures! Down there, deep south, are you able to have a year round garden? Cute baby - of course - takes after Mom. (Hey I'm a guy, I ain't sayin' cute comes from Alex!)
Hope you're doing great. I wouldn't think Alex's line of work would be much affected by the economy like so many others.
Drop me an email some time!
Post a Comment