Birthday countdown ticker??? :) Pretty cool, huh? I thought so too!
So I have recently taken up sewing again, believe it or not. And without patterns no less! I have one measly skirt left that fits, and I just cannot bring myself to wear pants to church (I don't have anything against it, its just not something I want to do personally), so with my options being skipping church, wear miniskirts (about all you can get in maternity... yikes!!), or attempt sewing, I chose the latter of 3 evils :). I took some cheap walmart fabric and my favorite skirt and cut it out... then realized I hadn't planned for any extra for seam allowance, etc. So, by adding in some extra panels from my scraps and making vertical seams all around the skirt (so it doesn't LOOK like I messed it all up!) I managed to turn out a pretty cute skirt, if I say so myself ;). Now I am struggling with a second one- this one has stripes and I did not take that into my fabric calculations, so I have already been out for some extra fabric :). That means this one will cost around $8-9 instead of the $3-4 the other one cost me, since this was $2/yd instead of $1/yd. Horrors!! :) Hahaha. I will post some pics after its all done so y'all can see what a marvelous seamstress I am now (yeah right!). Stay tuned!!!
P.S. Here's a pic from our wedding day, just to give y'all a laugh. Uncle Eric is shocked and horrified that my hat desecrates the John Deere name by being PINK instead of green :). Aunt Janice wants one just like it :D.

No comments:
Post a Comment