So we survived the storm with no damage, unlike some of our neighbors and fellow-Louisianians. It was the weirdest thing to sit here in the living room and watch the shingles blowing off the neighbor's roof across the street! Around the corner from us there was a big tree that blew down on a guy's roof. Oh yes, and the power went out (of course) and we didn't get ours back until Sunday! Fortunately we have city water and gas, so we still had hot water and could cook on the stovetop. The air conditioning would have been VERY nice to have though!! Also a refrigerator. Oh well, we really can't complain since there are still MANY people without power. Anyways, here is a not-very-clear video I took of driving down our road after the storm. Sorry for all the jiggling, shaking, and weird views :). I hope nobody gets dizzy!
We went up to Zachary a couple days after the storm and there was a whole group of houses that were about knee-deep in water. People were wading in and out carrying stuff. What a mess!! Here's the house that's around the corner from us right next door to the Nichols: (yep, that's a house under there!)
And this is our neighbors across the street with the missing shingles. Now they have a big blue tarp over teh front part of the house also. It rained yesterday and I think they might've leaked :(.

And this has absolutely nothing to do with the storm- but this is our new stove that we bought!! :)
5 comments:
WOW!! What a storm- we are very glad that there was no damage to your house! Clean up your yard though haha ;) Just kidding!
ps. NICE STOVE! heh
Whoa, I'm so glad you're ok!
I'm glad too! I need to send you an e-mail... I think I'll do that now. :-)
Wow! You guys got off easy! Isn't God good?!?!
Marissa is being induced on Monday... which means I know you don't have much time left either! How are you and the baby doing? Think it will come soon?
Post a Comment