Tuesday, November 30, 2004
An educational couple of days...
We had Grandma Koehler's visitation and funeral, and it was kinda cool hearing all kinds of stories about Grandma, all the Uncle's childhood stories, and everything. Grandma was a really special lady :). She got a computer for her 90th birthday and took computer classes, she frequently wore socks with pink playboy bunnies on them, to the GREAT amusement of my Aunts and Uncles ;), and she was a wonderful Christian and always serving her church. Fred Meijer came to her visitation... y'know the Meijer stores? Well, Grandma was his secretary when the only Meijer was a teeny grocery store on a corner in Grand Rapids. Between Grandma and Mr. Meijer, they saved the store from going under several times, and now its all over the USA :). We had a lot of fun visiting with family members that we don't get to see much, and telling stories. Grandma was a really cool lady, and she had a good 97 years, but I'm glad she's gone now too. It was pretty miserable for her there towards the end. And what better place to be than in Heaven?!?!? :) Anyways, I've got to get to bed now... I've got my first day of work tomorrow! Have a lovely day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, your Grandma sounds really neat! I've been to a lot of funerals 'cause my mom plays the piano. They can be neat 'cause you get to hear how the person touched so many lives and did so many things for God. The ones for the unsaved are so sad, though, 'cause the emphasis is on how they were such a good person while you know in your heart that the person will spend an eternity apart from God. Overall, they inspire me to live a life that I won't have to be ashamed of when I'm no longer here!
Lyds
Post a Comment