Saturday, October 30, 2004

Guess who I ran into today!

I saw President Bush in Grand Rapids today!!!!!!! It was very exciting. First I got up at 4:45am, went with my bro Drew, sis Anna and bro-in-law James to GR and walked about a mile to get to the end of the line of people, walked a mile back, went into the building and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally the entertainment started and I got a HORRIBLE headache from all the rock music, screaming people, and Andrew clapping his big clap in my right ear. Then finally at about... 10:00am the big moment arrived! President Bush came up and everybody waved their signs so much I could hardly get a glimpse of him :) After every sentence he said, people would scream, yell, whistle, and hold up their signs and he'd have to calm them down again ;). He was there for about 30 minutes and then left. But I saw him!!! :) Thats all that matters, I guess :). I'm dead dog tired now though... getting up early doesn't agree with me. It was so sweet though, on his way out, President Bush held a baby girl for a minute. I thought that was TERRIBLY cute :). I would say that my final verdict would be that even though I came out with a terrible headache and sore feet (did I mention that we were standing the whole time???), it was worth it. President Bush is officially one of my heros now ;).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the most horrible thing happened while I was there! When I went through the metal detectors on my way in, it beeped and the S.S. guy had to go over me with that wand thingy. As if I would want to blow anybody up!!! :) Or shoot them. Or stab them. Or anything them! Except shut them up :P. Anyways, thats it for my first edit!!! :) Or I think it was my first. Oh well. I need some sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*jealousness*

Lyds