We had a blast at our annual church camping trip this year. Friday night we stayed up late and played games... and then managed to get up Saturday morning for our "early bird" bible study at 5:30am. We went straight from that to a wild game of Pit that woke up anyone who didn't come for it... which was most of the adults. They weren't too happy :).
We spent Saturday playing games, swimming, kayaking (Uncle Eric surprised me and brought out his two for us to use for the weekend!), doing crafts and suchlike. Andrew and I had organized a scavenger hunt... that was pretty fun. They had to find normal stuff like 25 acorn caps and the biggest leaf, but we threw in some wild stuff like 25 points if you hit Abby with 5 water balloons, volley a ping pong ball 30 times without stopping, hide a mop in the shower, etc. Heh heh... the mop in the shower one turned out pretty goofy! There was another group there too, and they went swimming just before we started the hunt. It turned out that all the showers were full, and the women didn't put a mop in the shower... but certain men had no qualms about that... they just stuck it in behind the curtain! Can you imagine those poor guys in the shower?!?!? Either they were merrily showering away and this arm poked in and set a mop there, or they went behind the shower curtain and when they came out to get dressed there was a mop there ;). I'm not sure what the mens showers are like.
Sunday we had church at church, and our baptism and evening service at the campground. It was promotion sunday for Sunday School, so now I have 3 students in my class! I got the Burrells and Dale hooked on kayaking! Ruses decided against it because Pastor can't get back out of the kayak because of his arm :(. Dale (Anna's fudge shop boss) came out for the evening service on Sunday, and then we went out kayaking.
Monday it actually didn't rain! It always starts out sunny and then rains before we get all our tents and stuff down. So we got to swim, and play for awhile, then pack, and then play some more! :) Andrew and I mopped the whole dining hall floor... wow, I never realized how huge that thing is before!!! I have a new appreciation for the people who do the mopping now!
Man, is it ever HARD to go back to work after a holiday like that :P. We celebrated Judy's birthday today though, so we had all kinds of food in our office :). Dr. Blass (who's office is right nextdoor) really liked my chocolate chip bars. I got up early and made them for us! I had to give all 3 ladies in the phone room my recipe too.
Well, I'll talk to you all later... this post is pretty long compared to what I usually write! :) Adioodles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Pit sounds like fun! I heard a rumor that Andrew is really good at it! ;-)
ROFL@the scavenger hunt! Boys...
What a fun weekend!
I want your chocolate chip bar recipe too!
Post a Comment