Thursday, September 01, 2005

With the increase in gas prices, I thought I'd better get a more efficient vehicle...

Yes, I finally actually truly bought a KAYAK! Maybe I don't quite seem like the kayak type, but I tell you, just hop into one of these things and you'll be addicted too! This weekend on the church campout I'm going to get Mrs. Ruse (my Pastor's wife) hooked on them too... I hope. :) Pastor was quite befuddled Wednesday night when he exclaimed, "You would NEVER guess what my wife wants to try!... KAYAKING!!!" as if only crazy people do it. Well, there may be an element of truth in that if you take me into consideration, but there's lots of normal people out there who kayak too! :) Take Uncle Eric, for instance... well, I wouldn't quite call him NORMAL normal, but he's somewhat normal. Actually, he's not normal at all. Normal is a relative term though. Come to think of it, I do believe I'm the only normal person in the world! It's a lonely job, but someone's got to do it!

I can't believe I'm rambling on like this at... almost midnight. But I'm excited about the kayak and the camping trip, not to mention my dislike of sleeping with wet hair (its still sopping wet!!). Yeah, so I'm hyper, I guess! :) Hyper or not though, I have to be to work at 7:30am tomorrow, so I'd better sign off. Bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gas prices are insane!! At over $3 a gallon, I should get me one of those kayaks too! Yours is a beaut, Abby! I'll have to try it out when I come to visit you. ;-)

Abby said...

Definitely!!! How about this month... it's going to be a little chilly for it if you wait too long!